85 Blakeney Dr, Truro, NS
October 05, 2017
Founded in 1938, Agropur Cooperative is a North American dairy industry leader. With sales of $6 billion in 2016, the Cooperative is a source of pride for its 3,345 members and 8,000 employees. Agropur processes more than 5.9 billion litres of milk per year at its 39 plants across North America and boasts an impressive roster of brands and products including Natrel, Québon, OKA, Farmers, Agropur Signature, Agropur Grand Cheddar, Island Farms, BiPro, Scotsburn Ice Cream and the Ultima Foods joint venture’s iögo and Olympic brands.
We have an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor in Truro, Nova Scotia (formerly Scotsburn Ice Cream Company).
Reporting to the Production Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to production team;
- Manage the performance of a production team;
- Monitor and ensure efficiency of plant equipment and resources;
- Schedule equipment and employees to ensure production requirements are met on time;
- Track efficiencies & productivity, measure results and communicate performance;
- Ensure the Company’s quality and sanitation standards are met through full participation in the HACCP program and other government regulations;
- Communicate with the Maintenance Department to maximize machine efficiencies and monitor equipment performance;
- Ensure compliance of health and safety regulations, and ability to implement programs to improve safety culture.
This is a fast-paced environment in a food processing plant. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a supervisor, preferably in a food processing environment;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership skills and the ability to work in a team;
- Post-secondary education in Food Sciences or other related engineering education/ experience;
- Previous experience in inventory control & warehouse management system would be an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Must be able to work rotating shifts based on a 24/7 operation;
- Must be available to be on call.
Anyone interested in pursuing this employment opportunity should submit a resume quoting “Truro Production Supervisor” to email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is October 20, 2017.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those being interviewed will be contacted.