332 Willow St, Truro, NS
May 19, 2017
Founded in 1938, Agropur Cooperative is a North American dairy industry leader. With sales of $6 billion in 2016, the Cooperative is a source of pride for its 3,345 members and 8,000 employees. Agropur processes more than 5.9 billion litres of milk per year at its 39 plants across North America and boasts an impressive roster of brands and products including Natrel, Québon, OKA, Farmers, Agropur Signature, Agropur Grand Cheddar, Island Farms, BiPro, Scotsburn Ice Cream and the Ultima Foods joint venture’s iögo and Olympic brands.
Applications are being accepted for the position of Plant Controller for our facility located in Truro, Nova Scotia (formerly Scotsburn Ice Cream Co.).
Outline of Duties
Reporting to the Management Controller, the Plant Controller is responsible for ensuring follow ups and control of operations financials. The incumbent also provides management information expertise and as such exercises a leadership/advisory role within the plant’s management committee. More specifically, the Plant Controller:
- Is responsible to produce financial statements. Looks after producing the appropriate reports, ensuring the data is accurate and developing the appropriate benchmarks. Analyzes variances and proposes recommendations;
- Ensures the preparation of financial forecasts and the costing review for the plant;
- Plays an advisory role within the plant’s management committee. Leads the plant’s continuous improvement efforts concerning costs management, products and operations by putting in place and ensuring follow ups financial and operational key performance indicators;
- Serves as a change agent within the operations, reviews and challenges work methods and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure they are financially viable;
- Ensure all internal controls are implemented with respect to the organization’s policies;
- Insure liaison between corporate office with the finance, administration and IT departments;
- Manage the accounting team (payables, receivables and accounting). Supervise and coordinate the work of an office manager and two analysts.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, major in Accounting or Finance, along with a recognized accounting designation (CPA);
- 5 years of accounting experience, including 3 in management accounting, preferably in the manufacturing sector;
- Good judgment and autonomy to be capable of leading the management of the plant’s financial performance via the plant’s multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Ability to juggle several tasks at once, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Good knowledge of micro-computing programs;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, French an asset.
Anyone interested in pursuing this employment opportunity should submit a resume quoting “Plant Controller” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is May 29, 2017.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those being interviewed will be contacted.