85 Blakeney Dr, Truro, NS
July 16, 2018
Agropur, a leading manufacturer of ice cream and novelties in Canada, is accepting applications for an experienced Industrial Electrician for its production facility located at 85 Blakeney Drive, Truro, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Maintenance manager; the individual will be required to perform all facets of general maintenance in a food manufacturing environment. Required skill sets and abilities:
- Interprovincial industrial electrician certificate – journeyman status, and be able to:
- troubleshoot and repair production equipment (circuitry, relay logic, sensors, etc);
- carry out basic electrical construction work (conduit, wiring, fixtures, etc);
- read and interpret PLC logic, work on PLC components and troubleshoot;
- troubleshoot and repair typical industrial / building infrastructure and equipment.
- Strong commitment to best practices in occupational health and safety.
- Independently recognize and make provision for safe electrical work techniques such as identifying arc flash hazards, hot work permits and NS provincial / CSA regulations for safe electrical work, etc.
- Support other maintenance staff with daily activity as required, and participate in maintenance documentation including:
- Service history logs, troubleshooting reports, documentation for post-work cleaning, and documentation of electrical permits and construction notes.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced team oriented processing and manufacturing environment; and work in a rotating shift environment with occasional overtime, weekend work and on-call duties.
- Goals/results oriented with an ability to function with a high degree of independence.
- Knowledge of HACCP;
- A 4th Class Power Engineering certificate.
Anyone interested in pursuing this career opportunity should submit a resume by July 30, 2018 quoting “Truro - IE” to CAREERS.TRP@AGROPUR.COM