Casual Lab Technician
85 Blakeney Dr, Truro, NS
July 16, 2018
Agropur, a leading manufacturer of ice cream and novelties in Canada, is accepting applications for an experienced Casual Lab Technician for its production facility located at 85 Blakeney Drive, Truro, Nova Scotia.
There are no minimum guaranteed hours of work. This position covers sick and vacation time for other employees, AND any additional hours required based on production demands. Individuals must be prepared to carry out any required shift work.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Gathering samples from production floor for product testing;
- Testing samples for compliance;
- Preparing media for plating samples;
- Plating samples for incubation and reading them when appropriate;
- Completing all documentation required for testing product sampling and the verification of results;
- Ensuring good manufacturing practices and procedures are followed as outlined in our written HACCP plan.
This is a fast-paced environment in a food processing plant. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education, technology or sciences preferred, or enrollment in a science related discipline;
- Ability to consistently follow precise procedures, possess excellent hand eye co-ordination, be a self-starter;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work well with others;
- A strong commitment to occupational health and safety standards and procedures;
- Previous lab or food science experience will be considered an asset.
Anyone interested in pursuing this career opportunity should submit a resume by July 30, 2018 quoting “Truro – CL” to CAREERS.TRP@AGROPUR.COM